2011 Hyundai Sonata Mesh Grille Installation Instructions is a pdf Books Car/Motorcylce Owners manual all User document guide that has been posted to category Car Owners. We try to help you provide information about 2011 Hyundai Sonata Mesh Grille Installation Instructions. You can read the summary of 2011 Hyundai Sonata Mesh Grille Installation Instructions before you save or download full the pdf Books Car/Motorcylce Owners manual all User guide file. I hope you can solve your Car/Motorcylce problem with this Car Owners. Here is the overview of 2011 Hyundai Sonata Mesh Grille Installation Instructions :
2011 Hyundai Sonata Mesh Grille Installation Instructions :
- Open the hood and carefully apply several layers of masking tape to the painted upper and lower grille openings (around the upper factory grille). Remove the six (6) factory Phillips head push fastener across the top of the factory grille.
- Remove the outer two (2) 10mm hex bolts (where shown).
- Remove the Phillips screws that attch the factory grille from the bumper cover.
- Once all the screws are removed, pull the grille straight out to remove it from the bumper cover.
- Use a small flat blade screwdriver to pry on to four (4) retaining clips and remove the emblem and backing from the factory grille.
- Use a small flat blade screwdriver to pry off the metal push on retainers and remove the factory emblem from the emblem base
Once teh emblem is removed, grind the mounting pins down flush with the back of the emblem (not shown), so that they do not interfere with adhering the emblem to the supplied emblem mounting plate.
- Install the supplied .045” x .250” double faced tape to the back of the emblem. Peel back a small corner of the double faced tape backing and align the emblem backing plate over the factory emblem. Once properly aligned, peel off the double faced tape liner and press the emblem firmly to the backing plate to set the tape.
- Finished emblem to mounting plate installation.
- Measure and mark the exact center of the factory grille opening.
- Cut out the supplied upper grille hole location template and align teh center marks together. Use an awl or similar pointed tool and mark the bumper cover at all hole locations.
- Remove the template and drill though the marks made in the previous step..
- Use masking tape to tape up to the centers of the slots made in the previous step and scuff the paint on the bumper cover. Paint the return edge of the bumper cover and anything inside the grille opening with flat or semi-gloss black paint.
- Install the emblem assembly onto the mesh grille using the supplied black plastic washers, #10 lock washers and #8-32 hex nuts and completely tighten once the emblem is level and perfectly centered.
- Reinstall the 10mm hex bolts removed in Step 2.
- Align the lower mesh section over the back of the lower surround, then trim the ends from the preinstalled black cap plugs and push them down over the studs.
- Align the lower mesh grille assembly into place, then reach through the upper grille opening to install the supplied large black plastic washers and #8-32 ESNA half nuts. Tighten only until the washers no longer rotate but DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN. Overtightening will indent the surround at the stud locations.
- Remove any masking tape that could get caught between the grille and the bumper cover. Align the lower mounting pins into the slots drilled in Step 12 and push the upper mesh grille firmly into place.
- Make sure that the upper mesh grille is perfectly centered in the factory grille opening, the upper corners of the grille surround should be even with the bumper cover.
- Reinstall the push fasteners removed in Step 1.
- Use a .125” (1/8”) drill bit to drill through the outer holes on the top mounting plate once the grille is level and centered.
If you find this pdf Books Car/Motorcylce Owners manual all User guide about 2011 Hyundai Sonata Mesh Grille Installation Instructions is useful to solve your Car/Motorcylce problem, you can download this full Books Car/Motorcylce Owners manual all User pdf file and save to your computer/laptop. If you do not find solution after reading the summary of 2011 Hyundai Sonata Mesh Grille Installation Instructions, you can find others Car Owners or others Books Car/Motorcylce Owners manual all User on the right sidebar. Please click the download button below :